A Feller - Buncher used to cut and carry trees.

This was one of the first pieces of equipment to arrive on the wooded building lot. It is called a feller - buncher and it is used to fell, or cut, trees that are up to about 12 inches in diameter. The two arms are positioned around the tree trunk in order to grab and hold the tree upright while the hydraulic cutters at the bottom of the machine slice through the trunk close to the ground.

[ back to clearing index ]

| home | about us | pet peeves | resources | lost & found | book reviews |

| answers | special | directory | surveys | photos | kids | shop |

Copyright © 1999 - 2000 by B4UBUILD.COM
Web site design by GS Design, Inc.