Home Improvement Books, Home Repair Manuals, and DIY Books
Almost as soon as you finish building and moving into your new home, it will start to need repairs. While most of the major systems in your house will last for at least 10 to 15 years, almost immediately upon completion, little things will start to go wrong with your house. The New Complete Do-It-Yourself Manual - by Reader's Digest will help you identify the problem, tell you if it is something that you might want to repair by yourself, and if so, it will help guide you through the repair process. The step-by-step instructions and clear drawings will help you learn how to repair most of the things that go wrong in your home. It is one of the best home improvement books I have ever read and should be included in every homeowner's library.
Some other do-it-yourself books that you may want to consider reading are listed below.
- Home Magazine's How Your House Works - by Don Vandervort
- Home Owners Manual: Advice on Maintaining Your Home from Tom Silva, Richard Trethewey, and Steve Thomas
- The New York Times Home Repair Almanac: A Season-By-Season Guide for Maintaining Your Home - by Edward R. Lipinski
- Renovating Woman: A Guide to Home Repair, Maintenance and Real Men - by Allegra Bennett
- Home Improvements Manual - by Readers Digest
- The Complete Guide to Home Roofing Installation and Maintenance: How to Do It Yourself and Avoid the 60 Ways Your Roofer Can Nail You - by John W. Chiles Jr.
- Home Improvement 1-2-3 : Expert Advice from the Home Depot - by Benjamin W. Allen (Editor)
- The Home Depot Outdoor Projects 1-2-3 - by Home Depot, Ben Allen (Editor)
- The Complete Illustrated Guide to Everything Sold in Hardware Stores - by Steve Ettlinger
- Code Check - by Redwood Kardon
- Documents, Contracts and Worksheets for Home Builders - by Alan R. Trellis
- The Very Efficient Carpenter: Basic Framing for Residential Construction - by Larry Haun
- Do-It-Yourself Housebuilding - by George Nash
- Be Your Own House Contractor: Save 25% without Lifting a Hammer - by Carl Heldmann
- Build Your Dream Home for Less - by Roger Dodge Woodson
- The Real Goods Independent Builder: Designing & Building a House Your Own Way - by Sam Clark
- Homesteading Adventures: A Guide for Doers & Dreamers - by Susan J. Robishaw
- Basements - How to: Real People-Real Projects (Hometime Series) - by John Kelsey, Pamela S. Price, Laura Tringali, Robin Hartl
- Basements (Creative Homeowner Press Quick Guide) - by Mark Feirer, Fierer, Patrick Quinn
- The Basement Book: Upstairs Downstairs: Reclaiming the Wasted Space in Your Basement - by Thomas Carpenter, Jeff Taylor
- Creating Storage: Hidden Storage & Rescued Space in the Garage, Attic, or Basement - Sunset Books
Search for any book by author, title, or subject.
[ back to bookstore ]
Copyright © 1997 - 2006 by B4UBUILD.COM